Choice vs selection [electronic resource].
- [England] : Teachers TV/UK Department of Education, 2006.
- Physical Description:
- 1 streaming video file (57 min.).
- Additional Creators:
- Brook Lapping Productions
- Education in video
Jonathan Dimbleby big debate ; 1
- Language Note:
- This edition in English.
- Free to Choose? We're told that schools cannot select their pupils, but parents have a free choice of school for children. Is it true? Jonathan Dimbleby chairs a studio debate on selection. On the panel:-Baroness Perry, educationalist and David Cameron's education policy adviser -Professor Chris Woodhead, former Chief Schools Inspector -Fiona Millar, writer and Comprehensive Schools campaigner -Canon John Hall, Chief Education Officer for the Church of England -Professor Anne West, of the London School of EconomicsIn the invited audience, teachers, parents and educationalists bring their own experience to challenge the panel. Will the new Education Act eradicate selection? Do academies, faith schools and foundation schools add to the confusion? What real choice do you have over who educates your kids, and does it all just come down to whether you're rich enough to move? Tune in to The Big Debate to find out.
- Title from resource description page (viewed Mar. 5, 2012).
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Other Forms:
- Previously released as DVD.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Alexandria, VA : Alexander Street Press, 2012. (Education in video). Available via World Wide Web.
View MARC record | catkey: 11333884