Establishing communities [electronic resource].
- [England] : Teachers TV/UK Department of Education, 2006.
- Physical Description:
- 1 streaming video file (14 min.).
- Additional Creators:
- Real Life Productions
- Education in video
KS3/4 citizenship ; 1
- Language Note:
- This edition in English.
- A demonstration of how an engaging idea can enhance citizenship learning. In this case, a class of Year 7 pupils find out about what makes a good community. Jamie Elliott, Citizenship co-ordinator at Deincourt School in Chesterfield, which was rated as excellent by Ofsted in the subject, sets up a role play scenario. The class is put in the situation of being stranded on a desert island to help engage his class with the theme. A series of interactive stages sees the groups focus on skills such as ranking priorities, choosing a leader and establishing rules. The activity is designed to teach pupils the skills needed to be a positive member of a community by experiencing them first hand and to understand the importance of effective decision-making.
- Title from resource description page (viewed Mar. 5, 2012).
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Other Forms:
- Previously released as DVD.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Alexandria, VA : Alexander Street Press, 2012. (Education in video). Available via World Wide Web.
View MARC record | catkey: 11333985