Cross-curriculum teaching [electronic resource].
- [England] : Teachers TV/UK Department of Education, 2008.
- Physical Description:
- 1 streaming video file (18 min.).
- Additional Creators:
- Brook Lapping Productions
- Education in video
Primary A-Z of ... ; 4
- Language Note:
- This edition in English.
- Starting with A for assessing, this film takes an alphabetical journey through the key issues affecting cross-curriculum teaching, and features eight teachers from across the UK sharing their tried and tested strategies for success. During the course of the programme, the teachers talk about the role they see creativity playing in cross-curriculum teaching and learning; the different ways in which they ensure that the cross-curriculum work involves shared experiences (including pretending to be a penguin); and how they try to develop their pupils transferable knowledge and skills. When it comes to linking, the message is never say never (although the link must always be meaningful) and everyone agrees how important relevance is to cross-curriculum work. But what can go wrong with cross-curriculum teaching?
- Title from resource description page (viewed Mar. 5, 2012).
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Other Forms:
- Previously released as DVD.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Alexandria, VA : Alexander Street Press, 2012. (Education in video). Available via World Wide Web.
View MARC record | catkey: 11334139