Classroom encounters with Cowley [electronic resource].
- [England] : Teachers TV/UK Department of Education, 2006.
- Physical Description:
- 1 streaming video file (27 min.).
- Additional Creators:
- Television Junction
- Education in video
Secondary NQTs ; 1
- Language Note:
- This edition in English.
- Great Barr is the largest secondary school in the country with 2,500 pupils on role and a teaching staff of 160. In this programme we meet 18 NQTs starting their first term of work and focus on two of them. We watch Gail Clarke teaching art to a challenging Y8 class. Behaviour expert Sue Cowley analyses the lesson with Gail and explores various strategies for better classroom management. These include: how to apply school uniform rules, setting clear learning objectives, rewards and sanctions, and changing Gail's clothing. We hear from Great Barr's induction mentor Elaine Caldecott and headteacher Cate Abbott about what they are looking for in new teachers, and how the school supports their development. Then Sue speaks to American NQT Edward Egere about the techniques he finds most useful in his first term teaching ICT at this large school.
- Title from resource description page (viewed Mar. 5, 2012).
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Other Forms:
- Previously released as DVD.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Alexandria, VA : Alexander Street Press, 2012. (Education in video). Available via World Wide Web.
View MARC record | catkey: 11334312