Allegra McEvedy [electronic resource].
- [England] : Teachers TV/UK Department of Education, 2009.
- Physical Description:
- 1 streaming video file (14 min.).
- Additional Creators:
- Brook Lapping Productions
- Education in video
Teaching challenge ; 1
- Language Note:
- This edition in English.
- TV chef Allegra McEvedy tries her hand at a lesson in healthy cooking, introducing a wary group of primary school children to the joys of bran! Allegra has trained dozens of young cooks in restaurants over the years, but can she work her magic with a class of children? At St Mary Abbots Primary School in London, Allegra gets to work with the schools cookery club and teacher Sally Keck to make a huge batch of banana muffins with the pupils. But there is a catch. The muffins contain bran, the healthy ingredient that might prove unappetising to children if it were highlighted. Instead Allegra gets the class cracking eggs, creaming butter and sugar, and mashing bananas. The bran is just another ingredient. The class are swept along with Allegra's friendly, attentive teaching - and her energetic pace! Allegra gives her closing thoughts on getting children to eat healthy food at a young age - without labelling it as healthy - so it becomes the norm.
- Title from resource description page (viewed Mar. 5, 2012).
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Other Forms:
- Previously released as DVD.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Alexandria, VA : Alexander Street Press, 2012. (Education in video). Available via World Wide Web.
View MARC record | catkey: 11334410