The big pit [electronic resource].
- [England] : Teachers TV/UK Department of Education, 2005.
- Physical Description:
- 1 streaming video file (14 min.).
- Additional Creators:
- ITV Granada West (HTV)
- Education in video
Using museums ; 1
- Language Note:
- This edition in English.
- The Big Pit mining museum in Blaenafon, Wales is one of only 3 deep mines in Europe open to the public. The museum offers school groups the chance to descend down the original shaft alongside real ex-miners to find out first hand what working life was like for the generations of men who worked at the coal face. In this programme you can find out how Pupils from City Academy Bristol prepared for the visit the museum as part of their Key Stage 3 History project. In addition to industrial history, the trip has cross-curricular links allowing students to enhance their knowledge of geography, science and citizenship. Back on the surface, the pupils visit the interactive multi-media mining galleries which tell the story of how the coal was won and give details about the lives of those involved in the coal industry in the Pithead Baths Exhibitions.
- Title from resource description page (viewed Mar. 5, 2012).
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Other Forms:
- Previously released as DVD.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Alexandria, VA : Alexander Street Press, 2012. (Education in video). Available via World Wide Web.
View MARC record | catkey: 11334474