Macbeth in the classroom [electronic resource].
- [London] : Teachers TV/UK Department of Education, 2004-2005.
- Physical Description:
- 1 streaming video file (27 min.).
- Additional Creators:
- Big Heart Media
- Education in video
KS3 English ; 1
- Language Note:
- This edition in English.
- At Hornsey School for Girls in London, two Year 9 lessons on a Shakespeare text are explored in depth. This programme reveals how teacher Sabrina Broadbent uses drama and innovative techniques to focus pupils attention on language and character. The scene under consideration, Act 1 Scene 3, is one of the set scenes for Year 9 SATs.
Macbeth in The Classroom 2 examines an NQT's perspective on ways of approaching Shakespeare at Key Stage 3. It also provides insights about how an experienced teacher is able to take risks in classroom management and practice. In this programme, NQTs from the Institute of Education and Lecturer in Education, John Yandell, watch the programme Macbeth in the Classroom 1 , in which Sabrina Broadbent works on Act 3 Scene 1 of Macbeth with a Year 9 group at Hornsey School for Girls in London. The group then talk about the techniques Sabrina used to get the children involved in understanding and performing difficult Shakespearean language, and they reflect on the value of those techniques and how easy it might be to duplicate them in their own classes.New teachers are often advised to improve their practice by observing more experienced colleagues. This programme is an example of such observation.
- Shakespeare, William, 1564-1616—Study and teaching
- Shakespeare, William, 1564-1616. Macbeth—Study and teaching
- English language—Study and teaching—Great Britain
- Drama—Study and teaching—Great Britain
- First year teachers—Training of.
- Classroom management
- Engagement (Philosophy)
- Observation (Educational method)
- Title from resource description page (viewed Mar. 5, 2012).
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Other Forms:
- Previously released as DVD.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Alexandria, VA : Alexander Street Press, 2012. (Education in video). Available via World Wide Web.
View MARC record | catkey: 11334724