Introducing dance at KS3 [electronic resource].
- [London] : Teachers TV/UK Department of Education, 2005.
- Physical Description:
- 1 streaming video file (14 min.).
- Additional Creators:
- Big Heart Media
- Education in video
KS3/4 dance ; 1
- Language Note:
- This edition in English.
- A programme which takes a look at how one East London school uses workshops to engage children with dance.Year 8 Pupils at Jo Richardson School are introduced to Street, Lindy Hop and Bharata Natyam (South Indian) dance styles by visiting dance artists in a two day programme designed to raise enthusiasm for and awareness of dance at KS3. Dance artist and teacher Suba Subramaniam teaches the South Indian class. Suba talks to PE teacher and Deputy Head Lisa Keane, dance specialist Anna Hope, and dance artists Frank Wilson and Leon Hazelwood about teaching dance to this age range. We watch workshops and hear from dance artists, teachers and pupils about what they have learnt. In a final performance pupils present short dance pieces they have they have created.
- Title from resource description page (viewed Mar. 5, 2012).
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Other Forms:
- Previously released as DVD.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Alexandria, VA : Alexander Street Press, 2012. (Education in video). Available via World Wide Web.
View MARC record | catkey: 11334823