In Islington [electronic resource].
- [London] : Teachers TV/UK Department of Education, 2007.
- Physical Description:
- 1 streaming video file (17 min.).
- Additional Creators:
- Brook Lapping Productions
- Bridging the gap ; 4
Education in video
- Language Note:
- This edition in English.
- Two schools in multicultural Islington, north London, reveal their methods for increasing engagement with students and their parents.Multi-award-winning headteacher Sue Seifert at Montem Primary School emphasises the crucial role of parents in raising attainment, and we discover how their Bilingual Community Officers scheme and events such as the annual International Evening are helping to improve parental engagement at the school. We also find out about their approach to personalised learning: the ten minute one-to-one tutorial. At Islington Arts and Media School, deputy head Judy Gemmell explains how a focus on attendance and raising standards in English are working to help them raise attainment.
- Title from resource description page (viewed Mar. 5, 2012).
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Other Forms:
- Previously released as DVD.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Alexandria, VA : Alexander Street Press, 2012. (Education in video). Available via World Wide Web.
View MARC record | catkey: 11334932