Laptops for learning [electronic resource].
- [London] : Teachers TV/UK Department of Education, 2007.
- Physical Description:
- 1 streaming video file (14 min.).
- Additional Creators:
- Cornucopia Productions Ltd
- Language Note:
- This edition in English.
- At The Arnewood School in Hampshire they are keen to introduce new ways of learning by using ICT. Since September 2007 the Year 7s have been given laptops in an experiment to see how their learning and motivation can be improved as part of a long term project. Teacher Sabine Stroud has taken on the challenge of recording this first stage on video by taking the camera into classrooms and also into a student's home to find out how the laptops are being used. Back at school she is joined by Deputy Nigel Pressnell, Headteacher Chris Hummerstone and consultant Adrienne Jones to discuss the project and her video.It seems that parents scepticism has now largely disappeared and the students enjoy using the laptops. Although it is early days they see an increase in creativity and enhanced thinking skills. The biggest gains may be further off - offering packages for home learning and bringing the school and family closer together in a new kind of learning partnership.
- Title from resource description page (viewed Mar. 5, 2012).
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Other Forms:
- Previously released as DVD.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Alexandria, VA : Alexander Street Press, 2012. (Education in video). Available via World Wide Web.
View MARC record | catkey: 11334956