Learning science with Kyane [electronic resource].
- [London] : Teachers TV/UK Department of Education, 2007.
- Physical Description:
- 1 streaming video file (15 min.).
- Additional Creators:
- Television Junction
- Language Note:
- This edition in English.
- Kyane is in Year 4 at Erdington Hall Primary. He has an Individual Behaviour Plan and an Individual Educational Plan. Being asthmatic he is a regular absentee. Consequently he's often behind with school work and not well integrated into his class. He relates well to his male teacher Mr Khalil, but often finds it difficult to concentrate on the task he's been set. We look closely at Kyane's learning during a science lesson on friction. The children are asked to investigate friction using model vehicles, ramps and surfaces of different textures. Working in groups they have to collaborate as they measure the distance each surface allows the vehicles to travel. Kyane seems engaged in the investigation for the most part, but finds it challenging when it comes to working as part of a team. After the lesson he admits to occasionally being bored, but he is able to explain much of the science he has been taught.
- Title from resource description page (viewed Mar. 5, 2012).
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Other Forms:
- Previously released as DVD.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Alexandria, VA : Alexander Street Press, 2012. (Education in video). Available via World Wide Web.
View MARC record | catkey: 11334973