Science in your local area [electronic resource].
- [London] : Teachers TV/UK Department of Education, 2010.
- Physical Description:
- 1 streaming video file (5 min.).
- Additional Creators:
- Independent Television News (Great Britain)
- Education in video
Sharing your great practice ; 9
- Language Note:
- This edition in English.
- Discover how a science teacher took inspiration from his city's heritage to devise a scheme of work for year eight pupils. Richard Faraday from Heaton Manor School in Newcastle-upon-Tyne uses the area's shipping industry and the river Tyne's geology to teach Key Stage 3 pupils. Projects are also based around famous scientists from the city. The children are inspired by seeing how science is embedded in their own city and teachers hope it will encourage them to consider a scientific career for themselves.
- Title from resource description page (viewed Mar. 5, 2012).
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Other Forms:
- Previously released as DVD.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Alexandria, VA : Alexander Street Press, 2012. (Education in video). Available via World Wide Web.
View MARC record | catkey: 11335253