Science [electronic resource].
- [London] : Teachers TV/UK Department of Education, 2008.
- Physical Description:
- 1 streaming video file (17 min.).
- Additional Creators:
- Glasshead Productions
- Education in video
STEM subject choice and careers ; 1
- Language Note:
- This edition in English.
- Science teacher Nichola Offer uses a range of different teaching techniques to help motivate her young class to think about STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths) professions. IVF has been chosen as the context for the lesson and Nichola has invited school nurse Rachael Bines into the classroom to provide professional support and to talk about her job. Preparing and carrying out the role play produces some interesting questions from the students and gets them thinking about the number of professions involved in IVF. In the second part of the lesson, students focus on one particular profession by searching various STEM careers websites. The students then pull all their findings together in a poster trail.
- Title from resource description page (viewed Mar. 5, 2012).
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Other Forms:
- Previously released as DVD.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Alexandria, VA : Alexander Street Press, 2012. (Education in video). Available via World Wide Web.
View MARC record | catkey: 11335259