Iraqi refugees [electronic resource] : teenagers at work
- Additional Titles:
- Iraqi refugees : teenagers talk
- [London] : Teachers TV/UK Department of Education, 2010.
- Physical Description:
- 1 streaming video file (6 min.).
- Additional Creators:
- Brook Lapping Productions
- Education in video
Lesson starters ; 1-2
- Language Note:
- This edition in English.
- This short video, designed for use in secondary global citizenship lessons, profiles a young Iraqi refugee now living and working in Syria.Seif is a teenage boy who has given up his education in order to earn money for this family. He talks about a typical working day at the café and voices his frustrations about not being able to continue his studies.
This short video for use in secondary global citizenship shows how war can disrupt the domestic lives of teenagers. A group of Iraqi refugees, recently arrived in Syria, talk about their frustrations at having to leave their home country and the negative impact it has had on their education.
- Title from resource description page (viewed Mar. 5, 2012).
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Other Forms:
- Previously released as DVD.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Alexandria, VA : Alexander Street Press, 2012. (Education in video). Available via World Wide Web.
View MARC record | catkey: 11335264