Performing wonders in South Africa [electronic resource].
- [London] : Teachers TV/UK Department of Education, 2006.
- Physical Description:
- 1 streaming video file (19 min.).
- Additional Creators:
- Big Heart Media
- Education in video ; 1
- Language Note:
- This edition in English.
- Most of the children who attend Usasazo Secondary School in Khayelitsha, on the outskirts of Cape Town, come to school hungry, says teacher Faith Bikitsha. Because there's no money in the households they go home to, some abandon school and resort to crime, drugs and prostitution. But Bikitsha is offering her students another solution: performance. In the long hours after school ends at 2pm, an initially wary bunch of South African adolescents are discovering not only that they can dance well enough to impress their fellows, but also that drama enables them to say what they think about the South Africa they re growing up in. In this film, students from Usasazo rehearse their latest powerful play about their lives, and dance up a storm at a show organised by Global Rock Challenge.
- Title from resource description page (viewed Mar. 5, 2012).
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Other Forms:
- Previously released as DVD.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Alexandria, VA : Alexander Street Press, 2012. (Education in video). Available via World Wide Web.
View MARC record | catkey: 11335369