Love 'em or loathe 'em [electronic resource].
- [London] : Teachers TV/UK Department of Education, 2006.
- Physical Description:
- 1 streaming video file (27 min.).
- Additional Creators:
- Bayley, John and Evans Woolfe (Firm)
- Language Note:
- This edition in English.
- John Bayley works with NQT Ben Nelson, as he gets to grips with teaching Year 8 D&T, at Brockworth Enterprise School in Gloucestershire.It's the end of June, and Bayley drops in on Ben's isometric drawing lesson. The pair agree that many students simply haven't understood. Bayley feels Ben needs to be better organised in the classroom, and use more praise as a motivational tool.At the end of September, Bayley makes a return visit, to a lesson from a module on money boxes. Ben's class management has improved - but he's relying too much on the school's new disciplinary code, without setting the groundwork with positive reinforcement. John takes Ben to observe the school's head, Paul Elliot, giving a master-class in making Year 7s feel special, guided by his abiding principle of finding something to like in each and every one of his pupils.
- Title from resource description page (viewed Mar. 5, 2012).
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Other Forms:
- Previously released as DVD.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Alexandria, VA : Alexander Street Press, 2012. (Education in video). Available via World Wide Web.
View MARC record | catkey: 11335377