Is the curriculum fit for the 21st century? [electronic resource].
- [London] : Teachers TV/UK Department of Education, 2008.
- Physical Description:
- 1 streaming video file (43 min.).
- Additional Creators:
- Independent Television News (Great Britain)
- Big debate ; 2
Education in video
- Language Note:
- This edition in English.
- What is the point of the curriculum? Is it to teach a foundation of knowledge or to provide analytical skills? In the age of Google does anyone need to know and remember facts, or is it more important to understand how knowledge is applied? And whether it's content or process, or a mix of the two, what specific knowledge and skills should we be teaching? With changes like the new KS3 curriculum, Diplomas, and the outcome of the Primary Curriculum Review, schools are going through a major shake-up in what they teach and how they teach. But are these changes going to help deliver the education that's needed for 21st century? The Big Debate will feature a lively discussion around these questions. Hosted by Krishnan Guru-Murthy, the programme is recorded before a live studio audience at London's Capital City Academy.
- Title from resource description page (viewed Mar. 5, 2012).
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Other Forms:
- Previously released as DVD.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Alexandria, VA : Alexander Street Press, 2012. (Education in video). Available via World Wide Web.
View MARC record | catkey: 11335478