KS2 persuasive writing [electronic resource].
- [London] : Teachers TV/UK Department of Education, 2009.
- Physical Description:
- 1 streaming video file (16 min.).
- Additional Creators:
- Brook Lapping Productions
- Education in video
Lesson starters ; 3
- Language Note:
- This edition in English.
- Suitable for Years 3-6, each of the five short video clips provides a stimulus for pupils to employ a range of persuasive writing techniques.The first clip takes animals as a starting point - three children show us their pets, telling us why they are wonderful and giving one or two disadvantages or problems in looking after it. Two further clips focus on a local neighbourhood where we interview shopkeepers who talk about the area from a favourable and less favourable perspective shown alongside images of the area. There are two clips presenting the two sides of a local area.School uniform - short interviews with Year 5 children on the pros and cons of wearing a school uniform.The final clip presents three young people involved in campaigning for an NHS iniative - Smokefree Camden - in north London. We hear their own thoughts and feelings about stopping smoking which could lead to pupils designing and writing leaflets and fliers.
- Title from resource description page (viewed Mar. 5, 2012).
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Other Forms:
- Previously released as DVD.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Alexandria, VA : Alexander Street Press, 2012. (Education in video). Available via World Wide Web.
View MARC record | catkey: 11335580