Primary A-Z of--. Rewards and incentives. Volume 3 [electronic resource].
- [London] : Teachers TV/UK Department of Education, 2008.
- Physical Description:
- 1 streaming video file (17 min.).
- Additional Creators:
- Brook Lapping Productions
- Education in video
- Language Note:
- This edition in English.
- Stickers, housepoints, buttons and marbles - how can you reward the pupils in your class? The key is consistency. Eight teachers from schools across the UK talk about their approaches to rewarding children and the problems and pitfalls a teacher faces. Children understand fairness even better than adults, but what is a consistent approach, and how do you explain it not only to your children but to their parents? How important is it to know a child to be able to reward them, and are there rewards that just don't work for some children? Teachers talk about how the key to a successful reward is the praise that accompanies it; giving children positive feedback is a million times more successful in controlling behaviour and promoting learning than focusing on mistakes. Praise is everything - but what can go wrong with rewards?
- Title from resource description page (viewed Mar. 5, 2012).
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Other Forms:
- Previously released as DVD.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Alexandria, VA : Alexander Street Press, 2012. (Education in video). Available via World Wide Web.
View MARC record | catkey: 11335603