Lexical bootstrapping : the role of lexis and semantics in child language development / by Dagmar Bittner, Nadja Ruhlig
- Berlin : De Gruyter Mouton, is a Division of Walter de Gruyter GmbH & Co, KG, 2013.
- Physical Description:
- vi, 270 pages ; 24 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Bittner, Dagmar
- Cognitive linguistics research, 1861-4132 ; 50
- Introduction : emergence and applications of the Lexical bootstrapping hypothesis / Nadja Ruhlig and Dagmar Bittner -- Pre-language cognition, motion event semantics, and the transition from single words to first sentences / Lorraine McCune and Ellen Herr-Israel -- Bootstrapping and the acquisition of MandarinChinese : a natural semantic metalanguage perspective / Adrian Tien -- Lexical bootstrapping hypothesis and conventionality : a crosslinguistic study on verb acquisition by Chinese Mandarin- and Brazilian Portuguese-speaking children / Maria-Alice Parente, Aline Villavicencio, Maity Siqueira, Ping Chen and Lauren Tonietto -- Lexical acquisition through acquisition order / Galit Weidman Sassoon -- Lexicon-grammar continuity in Turkish children's language growth / Feyza N. Altinkamis Turkay -- The interrelation between lexical and grammatical abilities in early language acquisition / Christina Kauschke -- Continuity of lexical, grammatical, phonetic and phonological development in German late talkers : a longitudinal study / Claudia Schlesiger -- Function words and the bootstrapping of grammar in normally developing and impaired L1 -acquisition of German / Dagmar Bittner and Julia Siegmüller -- The role of the lexicon in the development of the language processor / Evan Kidd, Edith L. Bavin and Silke Brandt -- Grammar from the lexicon : evidence from neural network simulations of language acquisition / Steve R. Howell and Suzanna Becker -- List of contributors -- Index.
- 9783110308648 (hardcover : alk. paper)
3110308649 (hardcover : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 11335856