Story : the heart of the matter / edited by Maggie Butt
- London : Greenwich Exchange, 2007.
- Physical Description:
- xxi, 161 pages ; 21 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Butt, Maggie
- Greenwich Exchange literary criticism
- Machine generated contents note: Introduction - Magic and Imagination / Maggie Butt -- 1.Believing Stories / David Rain -- 2.The Tale of Silly and Boring: Matters Arising From a Simple Storytelling Game / Philip Gross -- 3.Crabs (and stories) Walking Sideways: Life Beyond the Death of the Story / Andrew Melrose / Neil McCaw -- 4.Making Versions: A Storytelling Journey with Ramayana / Sally Pomme Clayton -- 5.Journalist as Storyteller: Immersion Reporting / Sarah Niblock -- 6.Storyworld: Or, How I Learned How to Write a Novel / David Rain -- 7.Did you ask any good questions today, child? Science Fiction and the Argumentative Narrative / Farah Mendlesohn -- 8.Telling Tales out of School / Mary Hammond -- 9.Documentary Storytelling: The Shaping of Reality / Sarah Boston -- 10.Calling Time / Michelene Wandor -- 11.Just Whose Journey is This? A Radical Approach to the Question of the 'Journey' Taken in Scripts / James Martin Charlton -- 12.Did you Hear the One About a Comic's Narrative? / Russell Kane -- 13.Swinburne's Duster Meets the King's Tailor / Helena Nelson.
- "In this book, 15 established writers explore their own practice and ideas about storymaking. These novelists, journalists, poets, screenwriters, playwrights, documentary makers, oral storytellers and stand-up comics are also leading academics in Creative Writing and Journalism in UK universities. What do they have in common? Story." "Their examinations of storymaking shed new light on what different forms, media and genres have in common. These writers don't tell you how to write a play, or novel or poem, but they offer personal insights which are the fruit of years of experience. They share some of the ways to create that all-important connection between the idea and the audience - how to make the magic happen." --Book Jacket.
- 9781871551938 (pbk.)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references.
View MARC record | catkey: 11337062