Teacher-pupil [electronic resource] : a good working relationship
- [London] : Teachers TV/UK Department of Education, 2008.
- Physical Description:
- 1 streaming video file (29 min.).
- Additional Creators:
- Brook Lapping Productions
- Language Note:
- This edition in English.
- Jake left school at 14 after being excluded from mainstream education. He believes that if only he had been able to have a better relationship with his teachers things might have turned out differently. So what happened, and what can be learnt from his experiences? Jake takes us through his history and talks to a range of teachers and students to help understand the complexities and some of the solutions to having a good working relationship between teachers and pupils. We also hear from Rob Plevin, a classroom behaviour expert, who offers his tips on how to establish good teacher-pupil relationships in and outside the classroom. Katie Argent a psychotherapist from the Tavistock Clinic, explains the complexities of establishing the right sort of relationships with children, and the need for professionals to work together. Professor Patricia Broadfoot of Gloucestershire University talks about the place of relationship building in the British education system today.
- Title from resource description page (viewed Mar. 5, 2012).
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Other Forms:
- Previously released as DVD.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Alexandria, VA : Alexander Street Press, 2012. (Education in video). Available via World Wide Web.
View MARC record | catkey: 11337312