Tony Buzan [electronic resource].
- [London] : Teachers TV/UK Department of Education, 2006.
- Physical Description:
- 1 streaming video file (14 min.).
- Additional Creators:
- Brook Lapping Productions
- Education in video
Gurus ; 1
- Language Note:
- This edition in English.
- A series of programmes in which leading educational thinkers set out their vision for the future of our schools. In this first programme Tony Buzan, bestselling author on improving memory and brain power and the man credited with creating the Mind Map, argues that schools must change the way they teach children. In this lecture to an audience of teachers he explains how schools are depriving children of their innate ability to think creatively. Creativity declines in people as they go through the education system; but, he argues, it need not be so. He says the key is that children must be taught how to learn and think at the same time as they are taught the basics of subjects. He feels the focus of education should shift from teaching what people need to learn to teaching people how to learn.
- Title from resource description page (viewed Mar. 5, 2012).
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Other Forms:
- Previously released as DVD.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Alexandria, VA : Alexander Street Press, 2012. (Education in video). Available via World Wide Web.
View MARC record | catkey: 11337405