Shopping mall. Value for money [electronic resource].
- [London] : Teachers TV/UK Department of Education, 2009.
- Physical Description:
- 1 streaming video file (3 min.).
- Additional Creators:
- Teachers TV (Television Channel)
- Education in video
Shopping mall ; 4-5
- Language Note:
- This edition in English.
- Boxes of teabags -- Mobile phone tariffs.
- Students are challenged to apply their mathematical knowledge to solve a real-life problem based in a shopping centre. This is a lesson starter designed for use in a KS3 maths lesson. The problem: Presenter Isaac Anoom asks the students to work out which is better value for money: a box of 80 teabags costing £1.50, or a box of 240 teabags, costing £3.80.
This is a lesson starter designed for use in a KS3 maths lesson. Students are challenged to apply their mathematical knowledge to solve a real-life problem based in a shopping centre. The problem: Presenter Isaac Anoom asks students to compare two different mobile phone tariffs. Which one is better value for money? One pay-as-you-go tariff charges 35p per minute for calls. The second tariff charges rental at £10 per month and charges costing 15p per minute.
- Title from resource description page (viewed Mar. 5, 2012).
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Other Forms:
- Previously released as DVD.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Alexandria, VA : Alexander Street Press, 2012. (Education in video). Available via World Wide Web.
View MARC record | catkey: 11337482