- Language Note:
- This edition in English.
- Exploring the relationship -- Practical tips.
- This programme examines the most important and sometimes difficult aspects of the teaching assistant/teacher relationship. Teaching assistants and teachers talk frankly about working together to raise the issues and discuss solutions. Communication, lack of respect from pupils/parents and clarity of roles are all debated, helping to develop mutual understanding and creating the foundations required for building more effective work relations. Kate Atkins, deputy head at Rosendale Primary School, leads the workshop and two actors from Big Wheel Theatre enact common scenarios for the group to discuss. This programme is linked to Working with Teachers - Practical Tips, where practical strategies are offered to solve typical problems.
This programme looks at how to tackle some typical concerns of teaching assistants (TAs) in the teacher/teaching assistant working relationship. TA consultant Mellina Allison offers practical advice and ideas for overcoming common difficulties encountered by teaching assistants, including working with NQTs, teamwork, planning, assessing, training and career development. Five primary school TAs from Streatham in South London, look back over the years and compare how their roles have change and developed. This programme follows on from Working with Teachers - Exploring the Relationship.
- Title from resource description page (viewed Mar. 5, 2012).
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Other Forms:
- Previously released as DVD.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Alexandria, VA : Alexander Street Press, 2012. (Education in video). Available via World Wide Web.
View MARC record | catkey: 11337598