Heterogeneous cellular networks : theory, simulation, and deployment / Xiaoli Chu, University of Sheffield, David Lopez-Perez, Bell Labs, Alcatel-Lucent, Yang Yang, Shanghai Institute of Microsystem and Information Technology, Fredrik Gunnarsson, Ericsson Research
- Cambridge : Cambridge University Press, 2013.
- Physical Description:
- xxxvii, 460 pages : illustrations ; 26 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Chu, Xiaoli
- Machine generated contents note: 1. Introduction Xiaoli Chu and David López-Pérez; 2. Radio propagation modeling Zhihua Lai, Guillaume Villemaud, Meiling Luo and Jie Zhang; 3. System-level simulation and evaluation models David López-Pe; rez and Mats Folke; 4. Access mechanisms of low-power nodes Vikram Chandrasekhar, Tony Ekpenyong and Ralf Bendlin; 5. Interference modeling and spectrum allocation Tony Q. S. Quek and Marios Kountouris; 6. Self-organization Fredrik Gunnarsson; 7. Dynamic interference management Ismail Guvenc, Fredrik Gunnarsson and David López-Pe; rez; 8. Uncoordinated femtocells David López-Pe; rez and Xiaoli Chu; 9. Cooperative relaying Jing Xu, Jiang Wang and Ting Zhou; 10. Network MIMO techniques Gan Zheng, Yongming Huang, Kai-Kit Wong and Ting Zhou; 11. Mobility, handoff and location management Huaxia Chen, Shengyao Jin, Honglin Hu and Yang Yang; 12. Network coding Haishi Ning and Cong Ling; 13. Cognitive radio Miguel López Benitez; 14. Energy-efficient mechanisms Weisi Guo, Min Chen and Athanasios V. Vasilakos.
- "This detailed, up-to-date introduction to heterogeneous cellular networking introduces its characteristic features, the technology underpinning it, and the issues surrounding its use. Comprehensive and in-depth coverage of core topics catalogs the most advanced, innovative technologies used in designing and deploying heterogenous cellular networks, including system-level simulation and evaluation, self-organization, range expansion, cooperative relaying, network MIMO, network coding, and cognitive radio. Practical design considerations and engineering tradeoffs are also discussed in detail, including handover management, energy efficiency, and interference management techniques. A range of real-world case studies, provided by industrial partners, illustrates the latest trends in heterogenous cellular network development. Written by leading figures from industry and academia, this is an invaluable resource for all researchers and practitioners working in the field of mobile communications"--
- 9781107023093 (hardback)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 11339403