God's image in ebony [electronic resource] : being a series of biographical sketches, facts, anecdotes, etc., demonstrative of the mental powers and intellectual capacities of the Negro race / / Edited by H.G. Adams; with a brief sketch of the anti-slavery movement in America, by F.W. Chesson; and a concluding chapter of additional evidence, communicated by Wilson Armistead, Esq
- Adams, H. G. (Henry Gardiner), 1811 or 1812-1881
- London : Partridge and Oakey, 1854.
- Physical Description:
- 4 unnumbered pages, iv, ii, [v]-xxxi, 1 unnumbered page, 168 pages, 1 unnumbered leaf of plates (frontispiece) : illustrations ; 18 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Armistead, Wilson, 1819?-1868, Chesson, F. W. (Frederick William), 1833 or 1834-1888, and Hillary, A.C.
- AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
Bookseller's ticket: A.C. Hillary [London].
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Philadelphia, Pa.: NewsBank, inc., 2013. Available via the World Wide Web. Access restricted to Readex Afro-Americana Imprints, 1535-1922: From the Library Company of Philadelphia subscribers.
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- Hogg, P.C. African slave trade, 1502
Lib. Company. Afro-Americana, 57
View MARC record | catkey: 11341760