Observations on the inslaving, importing and purchasing of Negroes [electronic resource] : with some advice thereon extracted form [sic] the Yearly Meeting epistle of London for the present year also some remarks on the absolute necessity of self-denial, renouncing the world, and true charity for all such as sincerely desire to be our blessed Saviour's disciples
- Benezet, Anthony, 1713-1784
- Germantown [Pa.] : Printed by Christopher Sower, 1759.
- Physical Description:
- 2 unnumbered pages, 2-15 pages ; 17 cm (8vo)
- Additional Creators:
- Sower, Christopher, 1721-1784 and London Yearly Meeting (Society of Friends)
- Attributed to Anthony Benezet by Evans.
Caption title: Some observations on the importation and purchase of Negroes.
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
Title page verso inscribed with poem.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Philadelphia, Pa.: NewsBank, inc., 2013. Available via the World Wide Web. Access restricted to Readex Afro-Americana Imprints, 1535-1922: From the Library Company of Philadelphia subscribers.
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- Evans, C. American bibliography, 8298
Hogg, P.C. African slave trade, 1730
Lib. Company. Afro-Americana, 1070
Smith, J. Friends' books, I:240
View MARC record | catkey: 11341883