The Kafirs illustrated in a series of drawings taken among the Amazulu, Amaponda, and Amakosa tribes [electronic resource] : also, portraits of the Hottentot, Malay, Fingo, and other races inhabiting southern Africa : together with sketches of landscape scenery in the Zulu country, Natal, and the Cape Colony / / By George French Angas ...
- Angas, George French, 1822-1886
- London : Published by J. Hogarth, 1849.
[Printed by G. Barclay]
- Physical Description:
- 2 unnumbered pages, 50 unnumbered pages, 31 unnumbered leaves of plates (including frontispiece) : illustrations (some hand colored), portraits ; 56 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Angas, George French, 1822-1886, Hawkins, B. Waterhouse (Benjamin Waterhouse), 1807-1894, Laby, Alexander, active 1840-1879, Needham, J., Wing, W., and M. & N. Hanhart (Printers)
- Select pages numbered.
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
Francis Edwards' bookseller's advertisement, including list of plates, pasted on inside front board.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Philadelphia, Pa.: NewsBank, inc., 2013. Available via the World Wide Web. Access restricted to Readex Afro-Americana Imprints, 1535-1922: From the Library Company of Philadelphia subscribers.
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- Abbey, J.R. Travel, 339
Lib. Company. Afro-Americana, 600
Mendelssohn, S. South African bib. (3rd ed.), I:45
Tooley, R.V. Coloured plates (1973 ed.), 60
View MARC record | catkey: 11342041