Auto racing comes of age : a transatlantic view of the cars, drivers and speedways, 1900-1925 / Robert Dick
- Dick, Robert, 1953-
- Jefferson, North Carolina : McFarland & Company, Inc., Publishers, 
- Physical Description:
- v, 300 pages : illustrations ; 26 cm
- "This history of the evolution of auto racing from 1900 to 1925 examines influences, dirt track racing, and the birth of the twin-cam engine and the straight-eight. It also explores the origins of the Bennett and Vanderbilt races, the early career of Barney Oldfield, the rise of the speedway specials"--Provided by publisher.
- 9780786466702 (illustrated case binding : alk. paper)
0786466707 (illustrated case binding : alk. paper)
- Ronald A. Smith Sports History Book Collection.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 11343287