Regulating screens : issues in broadcasting and internet governance for children / André H. Caron and Ronald I. Cohen ; with the collaboration of Marc-André Gauthier, Geneviève Bourret-Roy, Alexandre Caron, and Pierre-Luc Chabot
- Caron, André H.
- Uniform Title:
- Enfants et leurs écrans. English
- Additional Titles:
- Issues in broadcasting and internet governance for children and Broadcasting and internet governance for children
- Montreal [Quebećbec] ; Ithaca N.Y.] : McGill-Queen's University Press, 
- Physical Description:
- xvi, 167 pages : illustrations ; 23 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Cohen, Ronald I.
- Part One. Television. The Canadian Radio-television and Telecommunications Commission -- The Regulation of Children's Programming -- The History of the Regulation of Stereotypes and Equitable Portrayal -- The History of the Regulation of Violence in Media -- The History of the Regulation of Advertising.
- The digital age has carried with it a tsunami of change. Children who have grown up with the delivery platforms that are a part of that change are able to absorb unregulated media on their own. This book examines how governments and non-governmental organizations have been doing their part to make television and the Internet safer for children.
- 9780773542099 (bound : acid-free paper)
0773542094 (bound : acid-free paper)
- Originally published in French under title: Enfants et leurs écrans.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 135-155) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 11343372