The works of Sir William Temple, bart
- Temple, William, 1628-1699
- London : Printed for T. Woodward [etc.], 1750.
- Physical Description:
- 2 volumes : frontispiece(portrait) ; 36 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Swift, Jonathan, 1667-1745
Giffard, Martha (Temple)., lady, 1538-1722
Full Text available online
- v.1. The life and character of Sir William Temple, written by a particular friend [his sister, Lady Giffard] Observations upon the United Provinces of the Netherlands. Miscellanea, pt.1-3. Memoirs, the third part, from the peace concluded 1679, to the time of the author's retirement from publick business. Memoirs of what past in Christendom, from the war begun 1672, to the peace concluded 1679.--v.2. Letters written by Sir William Temple, Bart., and other ministers of State. Pub. by Jonathan Swift. Letters to the King, the Prince of Orange, the chief ministers of state, and other persons. Pub. by Jonathan Swift. An introduction to the history of England.
- Each work has special t.-p.
Armorial bookplated of John Temple and of J. Talbot Clifton of Kildalton.
View MARC record | catkey: 1143964