The West of the imagination [videorecording] / produced by KERA ; produced and directed by David Kennard ; created by William H. Goetzmann
- Princeton, N.J. : Films for the Humanities & Sciences, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- 6 videodiscs (342 min.) : sound, color ; 4 3/4 in.
- Additional Creators:
- Goetzmann, William H.
Whitmore, James, 1921-2009
KERA Dallas/Ft. Worth (Television station)
Films for the Humanities (Firm)
- pt. 1. The romantic horizon -- pt. 2. The golden land -- pt. 3. Images of glory -- pt. 4. The wild riders -- pt. 5. Play the legend -- pt. 6. Enduring dreams.
- "The sweeping story of the American West as seen through the eyes of its mythmakers and mythologizers. Written by William H. Goetzmann, winner of a Pulitzer Prize in American History."--Film Media Group web site.
- Related Titles:
- Romantic horizon
Images of glory
Play the legend
- Released on VHS in 1986.
This disc is a recorded DVD and may not play on all DVD players or drives.
- Creation/Production Credits Note:
- Writers, David Kennard, William H. Goetzmann ; cinematographers, Robert Cozens, Hilyard J. Brown ; senior film editor, Sandra Ostertag ; original music, Stephen Montague.
- Participant/Performer Note:
- Narrated by James Whitmore.
- Technical Details:
- Includes public performance rights.
View MARC record | catkey: 11529651