Image-Guided Cancer Therapy [electronic resource] : A Multidisciplinary Approach / edited by Damian E. Dupuy, Yuman Fong, William N. McMullen
- Dupuy, Damian E.
- New York, NY : Springer New York : Imprint: Springer, 2013.
- Physical Description:
- XXXIV, 947 pages 395 illustrations, 232 illustrations in color. eReference : online resource
- Additional Creators:
- Fong, Yuman, McMullen, William N., and SpringerLink (Online service)
- Tumor Ablation: An Evolving Technology -- Electroporation -- Microwave Ablation for Cancer: Physics, Performance, Innovation, and the Future -- CryoAblation -- Image-Guided High Intensity Focused Ultrasound (HIFU) in the Treatment of Cancer -- Embolic Therapies -- Emerging Technologies in the Treatment of Cancer -- Radiation Therapy: IMRT, Cyberknife, Gamma Knife, Proton Beam -- Anesthesia Challenges in Interventional Oncology -- Management of the Oncologic Patient -- Devices and Equipment in Interventional Oncology and their Operation -- Designing Interventional Environments in the Treatment of Cancer -- Imaging of Interventional Therapies in Oncology: Ultrasound (US) -- Imaging of Interventional Therapies in Oncology: Computed Tomography (CT) -- Imaging of Interventional Therapies in Oncology: Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) -- Imaging of Interventional Therapies in Oncology: Positron Emission -- Tomography/Computed Tomography (PET/CT) -- Imaging of Interventional Therapies in Oncology: Image Guidance, Robotics and Fusion Systems -- Percutaneous RF in the Treatment of Primary Liver Cancers -- Microwave in the Treatment of Primary Liver Cancers -- PEI Injectables in the Treatment of Primary Liver Cancers -- Chemoembolization/Radioembolization in the Treatment of Primary Liver Cancers -- Combination Therapies in the Treatment of Primary Liver Cancers -- Resection Transplant in the Treatment of Primary Liver Cancers -- Biologic/Systemic Therapies for the Treatment of Hepatocellular Carcinoma Radiation Therapy in the Treatment of Primary Liver Cancers -- Radiofrequency Ablation of Hepatic Metastasis -- Embolic Therapy for the Treatment of Liver Metastases -- Surgical Therapies for Hepatic Colorectal Metastasis -- Y-90 Radiomicrosphere Therapy of Colorectal Cancer: Liver Metastases -- SBRT for Liver Metastases -- Systemic and Localized Chemotherapy in Combination with Radiologic Interventions for the Treatment of Cancers that have Metastasized to the Liver -- Intra-Arterial Pump Infusional Chemotherapy -- Cryoablation of Liver Tumors -- Laser LITT -- Irreversible Electroporation in Liver Tumor -- Focused Ultrasound of Liver -- Percutaneous Interventional Radiology: The Lung -- Role of Combination Therapies in the Treatment of Non-small Cell Lung Cancer and Thoracic Metastasis -- Lung Resection -- Image-Guided Radiation Therapy for Lung Cancer -- Chemotherapy for the Lungs -- Percutaneous Radiofrequency Ablation for Painful Skeletal Metastases -- Cryoablation of Bone Tumors -- Bone Therapy -- High Focused Ultrasound (HIFU) Treatment for Bone Metastases -- Image-Guided Radio-frequency Ablation of Renal Cancer -- Percutaneous Renal Cryoablation -- Image-Guided Radiation Therapy for Renal Cell Carcinoma -- Surgical Approaches to Treatment of Renal Cell Carcinoma -- Chemotherapy and Targeted Therapies/Biological for Renal Cell Carcinoma -- Focal Therapy of Prostate Cancer by Radiofrequency and Photodynamic Therapy -- Surgical Approaches to Treatment of Prostate Cancer -- Image-Guided Radiotherapy and Prostate Cancer -- Embolotherapy in the Management of Gynecologic Neoplasms -- MR Guided High Intensity Focused Ultrasound: Gynecological Applications Image-Guided Radiation Therapy in Gynecology Applications -- Ablation of Gynecologic Cancers -- Breast Ablation for Breast Imagers and Interventional Radiologists -- The Role of Image-Guided Surgery in Breast Cancer -- Radiation Oncology in Breast Cancer -- Systemic Therapy for Breast Cancer: Success and Challenges -- Percutaneous Image-Guided Treatment of Pediatric Malignancy -- Perspectives in Image-Guided Cancer Therapy: Comments from Patients and Families.
- Image-Guided Cancer Therapy: A Multidisciplinary Approach provides clinicians with in-depth coverage of the growing, dynamic field of interventional oncology. Combining the knowledge of expert editors and authors into one powerhouse reference, this book looks at tumor ablation, HIFU, embolic therapies, emerging technologies, and radiation therapy throughout the body (liver, bone, breast, gynecologic and prostate cancers, to name just a few) , and includes discussion of different imaging modalities. In the words of Peter Mueller, MD, author of the book’s Foreword: “… The senior authors are all world renowned experts in interventional oncology, which is another example of the high quality authorship and experience that is brought to this book. The later chapters discuss therapies that are simply not covered in any other source. Everyone who is doing or wants to do ablation therapies and interventional oncology will face a time when they will be asked to use their expertise in less used and less investigated areas. There is nowhere else where the reader can get information on the prostate, breast, and gynecologic areas, and especially pediatrics….This book is an outstanding contribution to the literature and will become a ‘must read’ for all physicians who are interested in Interventional Oncology.”
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
View MARC record | catkey: 11535115