Evidence-Based Cardiology Consult [electronic resource] / edited by Kathleen Stergiopoulos, David L. Brown
- Stergiopoulos, Kathleen
- London : Springer London : Imprint: Springer, 2014.
- Physical Description:
- XX, 578 pages 162 illustrations, 110 illustrations in color : online resource
- Additional Creators:
- Brown, David L. and SpringerLink (Online service)
- This book addresses the increasing demands on cardiology clinicians to manage complex patients with pregnancy, cancer, noncardiac surgery, systemic diseases and concurrent cardiac problems . It provides an up-to-date, detailed, evidence-based approach to key issues facing the consultant including practical clinical advice on the prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of heart disease. Evidence-Based Cardiology Consult addresses the issues specific and relevant to a cardiology consultation and focuses on cardiac issues in both the general medical patient and in specific populations. Topics covered include: · The evaluation of chest pain, acute coronary syndromes, heart failure, infective endocarditis, sudden cardiac death, and imaging in cardiology consultation · Cardiac problems in women, the elderly and athletes · Cardiovascular disease in patients with chronic kidney disease and neurologic disease · Pregnancy-related cardiac diseases · Cardio-oncology, including cardiac disease resulting from chemotherapy and radiation in oncology patients. This book is a key practical resource for the management of patients with cardiac disease whether it be the primary diagnosis or as a result of other medical conditions. Therefore this is a must read for cardiology trainees and practicing cardiologists, neurologists, physicians in maternalfetal medicine, oncology, nephrology, radiology, and those who participate in preventative medicine programs.
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
View MARC record | catkey: 11535204