Statics with MATLAB® [electronic resource] / by Dan B. Marghitu, Mihai Dupac, Nels H. Madsen
- Marghitu, Dan B.
- London : Springer London : Imprint: Springer, 2013.
- Physical Description:
- IX, 286 pages 152 illustrations : online resource
- Additional Creators:
- Dupac, Mihai, Madsen, Nels H., and SpringerLink (Online service)
- 1.Operation with Vectors -- 2.Moments, Couples, Equipollent Systems -- 3.Centers of Mass -- 4.Equilibrium -- 5.Friction -- 6.VirtualWork and Stability.
- Engineering mechanics involves the development of mathematical models of the physical world. Statics addresses the forces acting on and in mechanical objects and systems. Statics with MATLAB® develops an understanding of the mechanical behavior of complex engineering structures and components using MATLAB® to execute numerical calculations and to facilitate analytical calculations. MATLAB® is presented and introduced as a highly convenient tool to solve problems for theory and applications in statics. Included are example problems to demonstrate the MATLAB® syntax and to also introduce specific functions dealing with statics. These explanations are reinforced through figures generated with MATLAB® and the extra material available online which includes the special functions described. This detailed introduction and application of MATLAB® to the field of statics makes Statics with MATLAB® a useful tool for instruction as well as self study, highlighting the use of symbolic MATLAB® for both theory and applications to find analytical and numerical solutions
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
View MARC record | catkey: 11535242