Oxygen Transport to Tissue XXXIII [electronic resource] / edited by Martin Wolf, Hans Ulrich Bucher, Markus Rudin, Sabine Van Huffel, Ursula Wolf, Duane F. Bruley, David K Harrison
- Wolf, Martin
- New York, NY : Springer New York : Imprint: Springer, 2012.
- Physical Description:
- XX, 322 pages 129 illustrations, 44 illustrations in color : online resource
- Additional Creators:
- Bucher, Hans Ulrich, Rudin, M. (Markus), 1953-, Van Huffel, Sabine, Wolf, Ursula, Bruley, Duane F., Harrison, David K., and SpringerLink (Online service)
- Advances in Experimental Medicine and Biology, 0065-2598 ; 737
- The History of ISOTT -- Brain Oxygenation -- Angioplasticity and Cerebrovascular Remodeling -- Postoperative Cognitive Dysfunction and Cerebral Monitoring by Time-Resolved NIRS -- Pulmonary Oxygen Uptake and Middle Cerebral Artery BFV during Cycling Exercise -- Colored Light and Brain and Muscle Oxygenation -- Influence of Myogenic and Metabolic Mechanism on Cerebral Autoregulation -- Frontal Cortex Activation during Electrical Muscle Stimulation -- Cerebral Oxygen Saturation Measurements in Red Cell Transfusion -- Influence of Stress Preconditioning on Neurons in Rat Cerebral Ischemia -- Delta and Epsilon Protein Kinase C and Post-Ischemic Cerebral Blood Flow -- Cerebral Oxygenation in Infant on Extra-Corporeal Membrane Oxygenation -- Effects of Autonomic Nervous System on Neuroimaging: Vector Autoregressive Model -- Potential Effects of UMTS Electromagnetic Fields on Blood Circulation by NIRI -- Optical Diagnosis of Mental Stress: Review -- Neuroprotective Properties of Ketone Bodies -- Confounding Effect of Systemic Physiology on Hemodynamic Response in Newborns -- How to Conduct Studies with Neonates combining NIRS and EEG -- Hybrid Optical Spectrometer Measures Oxidized Cytochrome c Oxidase and Scattering -- Tumor Oxygenation -- Isolated Hypoxic Liver Perfusion with Melfalan in Humans: Anesthesiologic Aspects -- Blood Flow and Oxygenation Status of Gastrointestinal Tumors -- Delayed Effects of Radiation on Mitochondrial DNA in Radiation-Sensitive Organs -- Radiation-Induced Elevation of Plasma DNA in Mice is Associated with Genome -- Could Multiple Myeloma VEGF modify the Systemic Microcirculation? -- Impact of Environmental Parameters on the Activity of the P-glycoprotein (Pgp) -- 3-D High-Resolution Mapping of Mitochondrial Redox State of Human Breast Tumor -- Simultaneous Mapping of Mitochondrial Redox State and Glucose Uptake -- Anemia and Hypoxia -- Regulation of O2 Delivery by the Reaction of Nitrite with RBCs -- Clinical Applications of Tissue Oxygen Saturation Measurements -- Cardiac Output in Hypoxia with Periodic Breathing and Constant PCO2 -- The Relationship of Acute Mountain Sickness to SaO2 at 3324 to 5176m -- Effects of Acute Anemia and Hyperoxia on Oxygen Distribution -- Oxygenation of various organs -- Monitoring Cardiopulmonary Function and Progression toward Shock: O2 Micro-sensor -- Whole Body Oxygen Delivery and Consumption during Cardiopulmonary Bypass Surgery -- Pharmacologic Interventions to Improve Splanchnic Oxygenation during Ventilation -- Effect of Pneumoperitoneum on Functional Residual Capacity -- Molecular H2 Consumption in Human Whole Body after Ingestion of H2-Rich Water -- Prenylated Acylphloroglucinol Derivatives -- Muscle Oxygenation -- Retrograde Perfusion in Diabetics Suffering from Arteriosclerosis Obliterans -- Triplet Imaging of O2 Consumption in a Single Smooth Muscle Cell -- Submaximal Handgrip Muscle Force and NIRS-measured Motor Cortical Activation -- Methodology for O2 measurement -- Oxygenation in a Deep Blood Vessel Measured by Acousto-optics and Microbubbles -- Sensitivity Enhancement of NIR Fluorescence Contrast Agent by Gold Nanoparticles -- Model to Aid NIRS Data Interpretation: Results from a Hypercapnia Study -- Boron Tracedrug: a Next-generation Drug Model -- Modelling Physiological Oscillations of NIRS by Time-Varying Fourier Series.
- Based on the 38th annual conference of the International Society on Oxygen Transport to Tissue (ISOTT), held in Ascona, Switzerland in July 2010, this volume covers all aspects of oxygen transport from air to the cells, organs and organisms; instrumentation and methods to sense oxygen and clinical evidence. It covers near infrared spectroscopy, brain oxygenation, tumor biology, angiogenesis and mitochondrial metabolism, systems modeling, gas transport, hypoxic adaptation and exercise physiology. Emphasis is placed on methods of oxygen measurement in living tissue and application of these technologies to understanding physiological and biological bases for pathology related to tissue oxygenation. This multidisciplinary volume includes contributions from scientists (physicists, biologists and chemists), engineers, clinicians and mathematicians.
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
View MARC record | catkey: 11535387