Algebraic Methods in Functional Analysis [electronic resource] : The Victor Shulman Anniversary Volume / edited by Ivan G. Todorov, Lyudmila Turowska
- Operator Theory: Advances and Applications, 0255-0156 ; 233
- Introduction -- Victor Shulman: The Gentle Art of Mathematics -- Operators Splitting the Arveson Spectrum -- Singly Generated Operator Algebras Satisfying Weakened Versions of Amenability.-Operator Algebras and C*-correspondences: A Survey -- Some Operator Algebras from Semigroups -- Lifting Algebraic Contractions in C*-algebras -- The Second Local Multiplier Algebra of a Separable C*-algebra -- Test-space Characterizations of Some Classes of Banach Spaces -- Splittings of Masa-bimodules -- Noncommutative Analogues of Stein Spaces of Finite Embedding Dimension -- Idempotent States on Locally Compact Groups and Quantum Groups -- Topological Radicals, V. From Algebra to Spectral Theory -- A Brief Survey on 1. Infinite-dimensional Schur–Horn Theorems and Infinite Majorization Theory with Applications to Operator Ideals; 2. B(H)-subideals of Operators.
- This volume comprises the proceedings of the Conference on Operator Theory and its Applications held in Gothenburg, Sweden, April 26-29, 2011. The conference was held in honour of Professor Victor Shulman on the occasion of his 65th birthday. The papers included in the volume cover a large variety of topics, among them the theory of operator ideals, linear preservers, C*-algebras, invariant subspaces, non-commutative harmonic analysis, and quantum groups, and reflect recent developments in these areas. The book consists of both original research papers and high quality survey articles, all of which were carefully refereed.
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
View MARC record | catkey: 11536275