New Results in Dependability and Computer Systems [electronic resource] : Proceedings of the 8th International Conference on Dependability and Complex Systems DepCoS-RELCOMEX, September 9-13, 2013, Brunów, Poland / edited by Wojciech Zamojski, Jacek Mazurkiewicz, Jarosław Sugier, Tomasz Walkowiak, Janusz Kacprzyk
- Zamojski, Wojciech
- Heidelberg : Springer International Publishing : Imprint: Springer, 2013.
- Physical Description:
- XVI, 554 pages 236 illustrations, 4 illustrations in color : online resource
- Additional Creators:
- Mazurkiewicz, Jacek
SpringerLink (Online service)
- Advances in Intelligent Systems and Computing, 2194-5357 ; 224
- Application Level Execution Model for Transparent Distributed Computing -- Software support of the risk reduction assessment in the ValueSec project flood use case -- Risk assessment aspects in mastering the value function of security measures -- Reduction of computational cost in mutation testing by sampling mutants -- Use of Neural Network Algorithms in Prediction of XLPE HV Insulation Properties Under Thermal Aging -- Computer simulation analysis of cluster model of totally-connected flows on the chain mail1 -- Assessment of network coding mechanism for the network protocol stack -- Reliability analysis of discrete transportation systems using critical states -- A reference model for the selection of Open Source tools for requirements management -- A Probabilistic Approach to the Count-to-Infinity Problem in Distance-Vector Routing Algorithms -- A quality estimation of mutation clustering in C# programs -- Using Virtualization Technology for Fault-Tolerant Replication in LAN.
- DepCoS – RELCOMEX is an annual series of conferences organized by the Institute of Computer Engineering, Control and Robotics (CECR), Wrocław University of Technology, since 2006. Its idea came from the heritage of the other two cycles of events: RELCOMEX Conferences (1977 – 89) and Microcomputer Schools (1985 – 95) which were then organized by the Institute of Engineering Cybernetics, the previous name of CECR. In contrast to those preceding meetings focused on the conventional reliability analysis, the DepCoS mission is to develop a more comprehensive approach to computer system performability which is now commonly called dependability. Contemporary technical systems are integrated unities of technical, information, organization, software and human resources. Diversity of the processes being realized in the system, their concurrency and their reliance on in-system intelligence significantly impedes construction of strict mathematical models and calls for application of intelligent and soft computing methods. The submissions included in this volume illustrate variety of problems that need to be explored in the dependability analysis: methodologies and practical tools for modelling, design and simulation of the systems, security and confidentiality in information processing, specific issues of heterogeneous, today often wireless, computer networks, or management of transportation networks.
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
View MARC record | catkey: 11536526