Flexible Approaches in Data, Information and Knowledge Management [electronic resource] / edited by Olivier Pivert, Sławomir Zadrożny
- Pivert, Olivier
- Cham : Springer International Publishing : Imprint: Springer, 2014.
- Physical Description:
- XII, 320 pages 56 illustrations : online resource
- Additional Creators:
- Zadrożny, Sławomir and SpringerLink (Online service)
- Studies in Computational Intelligence, 1860-949X ; 497
- Part I Bipolar preference queries -- Part II Ontology-based data access -- Part III Uncertain databases -- Part IV Flexible queries over nonstandard data -- Part V Fuzzy knowledge discovery and exploitation.
- This volume showcases contributions from internationally-known researchers in the field of information management. Most of the approaches presented here make use of fuzzy logic, introduced by L.A. Zadeh almost 50 years ago, which constitute a powerful tool to model and handle gradual concepts. What all of these contributions have in common is placing the user at the center of the information system, be it for helping him/her to query a data set, to handle imperfect information, or to discover useful knowledge from a massive collection of data. Researchers working in data and knowledge management will greatly benefit from this collection of up-to-date studies. This may be also an invaluable source of information for postgraduate students interested in advanced information management techniques.
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
View MARC record | catkey: 11536529