Progress in Turbulence V [electronic resource] : Proceedings of the iTi Conference in Turbulence 2012 / edited by Alessandro Talamelli, Martin Oberlack, Joachim Peinke
- Talamelli, Alessandro
- Cham : Springer International Publishing : Imprint: Springer, 2014.
- Physical Description:
- XIV, 238 pages 117 illustrations, 68 illustrations in color : online resource
- Additional Creators:
- Oberlack, Martin
Peinke, J. (Joachim), 1956-
SpringerLink (Online service)
- Springer Proceedings in Physics, 0930-8989 ; 149
- Theory - “In memory of Prof. Rudolf Friedrich” -- Stability -- Wall bounded flows -- Complex flows -- Acoustic -- Numerical methods.
- This volume collects the edited and reviewed contributions presented in the 5th iTi Conference in Bertinoro. covering fundamental aspects in turbulent flows. In the spirit of the iTi initiative, the volume is produced after the conference so that the authors had the possibility to incorporate comments and discussions raised during the meeting. Turbulence presents a large number of aspects and problems, which are still unsolved and which challenge research communities in engineering and physical sciences both in basic and applied research. The book presents recent advances in theory related to new statistical approaches, effect of non-linearities and presence of symmetries. This edition presents new contributions related to the physics and control of laminar-turbulent transition in wall-bounded flows, which may have a significant impact on drag reduction applications. Turbulent boundary layers, at increasing Reynolds number, are the main subject of both computational and experimental long research programs aimed at improving our knowledge on scaling, energy distribution at different scales, structure eduction, roughness effects to name only a few. Like previous editions several numerical and experimental analysis of complex flows, mostly related to applications, are presented. The structure of the present book is as such that contributions have been bundled according to covering topics i.e. I Theory, II Stability, III Wall bounded flows, IV, Complex flows, V Acoustic, VI Numerical methods. The volume is dedicated to the memory of Prof. Rudolf Friedrich who prematurely died in Münster/Germany on the 16th of August 2012. In his honor the conference has started with a special session dedicated to his work.
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
View MARC record | catkey: 11536765