Integrated Seismic Design of Structure and Control Systems [electronic resource] / by Paolo Castaldo
- Castaldo, Paolo
- Cham : Springer International Publishing : Imprint: Springer, 2014.
- Physical Description:
- XI, 220 pages 236 illustrations : online resource
- Additional Creators:
- SpringerLink (Online service)
- Passive Structural Control -- Passive Energy Dissipation Devices -- Dynamic Response of Systems Equipped with Viscous and Viscoelastic Dampers -- Modeling of Viscoelastic Dissipative Bracing Systems -- Integrated Design of Proportionally Damped Framed Structural Systems Equipped with Viscous Dampers -- Applying the Optimal Integrated Design Methodology.
- The structural optimization procedure presented in this book makes it possible to achieve seismic protection through integrated structural/control system design. In particular, it is explained how slender structural systems with a high seismic performance can be achieved through inclusion of viscous and viscoelastic dampers as an integral part of the system. Readers are provided with essential introductory information on passive structural control and passive energy dissipation systems. Dynamic analyses of both single and multiple degree of freedom systems are performed in order to verify the achievement of pre-assigned performance targets, and it is explained how the optimal integrated design methodology, also relevant to retrofitting of existing buildings, should be applied. The book illustrates how structural control research is opening up new possibilities in structural forms and configurations without compromising structural performance.
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
View MARC record | catkey: 11536889