The 15th International Conference on Biomedical Engineering [electronic resource] : ICBME 2013, 4th to 7th December 2013, Singapore / edited by James Goh
- IFMBE Proceedings, 1680-0737 ; 43
- Bioimaging and Biosignals -- Biomaterials and Tissue Engineering -- Biomechanics and Computational Bioengineering -- Biomedical Devices and Biomedical Instrumentation -- Biomedical Robotics and Surgical Technology -- Neuroengineering and Rehabilitation Engineering -- Special Topics.
- This volume presents the proceedings of the 15th ICMBE held from 4th to 7th December 2013, Singapore. Biomedical engineering is applied in most aspects of our healthcare ecosystem. From electronic health records to diagnostic tools to therapeutic, rehabilitative and regenerative treatments, the work of biomedical engineers is evident. Biomedical engineers work at the intersection of engineering, life sciences and healthcare. The engineers would use principles from applied science including mechanical, electrical, chemical and computer engineering together with physical sciences including physics, chemistry and mathematics to apply them to biology and medicine. Applying such concepts to the human body is very much the same concepts that go into building and programming a machine. The goal is to better understand, replace or fix a target system to ultimately improve the quality of healthcare. With this understanding, the conference proceedings offer a single platform for individuals and organisations working in the biomedical engineering related field to gather and network with each other in so doing create the catalyst for future development of biomedical engineering in Asia.
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
View MARC record | catkey: 11536932