Long Term Economic Development [electronic resource] : Demand, Finance, Organization, Policy and Innovation in a Schumpeterian Perspective / edited by Andreas Pyka, Esben Sloth Andersen
- Pyka, Andreas
- Berlin, Heidelberg : Springer Berlin Heidelberg : Imprint: Springer, 2013.
- Physical Description:
- VI, 483 pages 69 illustrations : online resource
- Additional Creators:
- Andersen, Esben Sloth and SpringerLink (Online service)
- Economic Complexity and Evolution
- Introduction -- Schumpeter's Core Works Revisited -- Back to Engel?- Technological Regimes and Demand Structure in the Evolution of the Pharmaceutical Industry -- Innovation and Demand in Industry Dynamics -- Production and Financial Linkages in Inter-Firm Networks -- Does History Matter?- Innovation, Real primary Commodity Prices and Business Cycles -- Knowledge Flows in High-Tech Industry Clusters -- The International Diffusion of Biotechnology -- The Internet as a Global Production Reorganizer -- Looking Around: the Smart Way of Italian SMEs to Innovate -- Strategic Fit Between Regional Innovation Policy and Regional Innovation Systems -- Schumpeterian Patterns of Innovation and the Sources of Breakthrough Inventions -- R&D, Patents and Stock Return Volatility -- On Profit Differentials Between Persistent and Occasional Innovators -- Financial Factors and Patents -- Building Systems -- What Causes Creative Destruction?- Markets and Organizations -- Financial System and Technological Catching-Up.
- The book gives an overview of important research topics recently addressed in evolutionary Neo-Schumpeterian Economics. The list of research questions and applications of Neo-Schumpeterian reasoning impressively demonstrates the rich possibilities ranging from theoretical issues addressing human behaviour to applied areas like the emergence of biotechnology in developing countries, the role of innovation on financial markets and the R&D strategies of multinational enterprises. The chapters in this book bring together a rich set of new analytical and empirical methodologies which allow for new relevant and rigorous insights in innovation processes which are responsible for economic development and structural change.
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
View MARC record | catkey: 11537149