From Sounds to Music and Emotions [electronic resource] : 9th International Symposium, CMMR 2012, London, UK, June 19-22, 2012, Revised Selected Papers / edited by Mitsuko Aramaki, Mathieu Barthet, Richard Kronland-Martinet, Sølvi Ystad
- Lecture Notes in Computer Science, 0302-9743 ; 7900
- The Six Emotion-Face Clock as a Tool for Continuously Rating Discrete Emotional Responses to Music -- Emotion in Motion: A Study of Music and Affective Response -- Psychophysiological Measures of Emotional Response to Romantic Orchestral Music and Their Musical and Acoustic Correlates -- Two-Dimensional Hybrid Spatial Audio Systems with User Variable Controls of Sound Source Attributes -- Perceptual Characteristic and Compression Research in 3D Audio Technology -- Intuitive Control of Rolling Sound Synthesis -- EarGram: An Application for Interactive Exploration of Concatenative Sound Synthesis in Pure Data -- Reenacting Sensorimotor Features of Drawing Movements from Friction Sounds -- Auditory Sketches: Sparse Representations of Sounds Based on Perceptual -- The Role of Time in Music Emotion Recognition: Modeling Musical Emotions from Time-Varying Music Features -- The Intervalgram: An Audio Feature for Large-Scale Cover-Song -- Perceptual Dimensions of Short Audio Clips and Corresponding Timbre Features -- Music Emotion Recognition: From Content-to Context-Based Models -- Predictive Modeling of Expressed Emotions in Music Using Pairwise Comparisons -- Analyzing the Perceptual Salience of Audio Features for Musical Emotion Recognition -- Sample Identification in Hip Hop Music -- Music Similarity Evaluation Using the Variogram for MFCC -- Automatic String Detection for Bass Guitar and Electric Guitar -- Using Oracle Analysis for Decomposition-Based Automatic Music Transcription -- The Influence of Music on the Emotional Interpretation of Visual Contexts: Designing Interactive Multimedia Tools for Psychological Research -- The Perception of Auditory-Visual Looming in Film -- Maximum a Posteriori Estimation of Piecewise Arcs in Tempo Time-Structural Similarity Based on Time-Span Tree -- Subject and Counter Subject Detection for Analysis of the Well-Tempered Clavier Fugues -- Market-Based Control in Interactive Music Environments -- (Re)Shaping Musical Gesture: Modelling Voice Balance and Overall Dynamics Contour -- Multimodal Analysis of Piano Performances Portraying Different Emotions -- Focal Impulses and Expressiv Performance -- Learning to Make Feelings: Expressive Performance as a Part of a Machine Learning Tool for Sound-Based Emotion Control.
- This book constitutes the thoroughly refereed post-conference proceedings of the 9th International Symposium on Computer Music Modeling and Retrieval, CMMR 2012, held in London, UK, in June 2012. The 28 revised full papers presented were carefully reviewed and selected for inclusion in this volume. The papers have been organized in the following topical sections: music emotion analysis; 3D audio and sound synthesis; computer models of music perception and cognition; music emotion recognition; music information retrieval; film soundtrack and music recommendation; and computational musicology and music education. The volume also includes selected papers from the Cross-Disciplinary Perspectives on Expressive Performance Workshop held within the framework of CMMR 2012.
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
View MARC record | catkey: 11538103