Simulations, Serious Games and Their Applications [electronic resource] / edited by Yiyu Cai, Sui Lin Goei
- Gaming Media and Social Effects, 2197-9685
- Collision Detection using Axis Aligned Bounding Boxes -- Navier-Stokes Equation based Ink Diffusion Simulation in Chinese Calligraphy -- Human Body Adaptation and Cloth Prepositioning for Kinect based Virtual Try-on -- Integrating EEG modality in serious games for rehabilitation of mental patients -- Multi-link-ahead Conflicts Prediction In Dynamic Seaport Environments -- Long Vehicle Turning -- Reliable and Fast Conservative Advancement for Physically Realistic Rigid Body Simulation -- The Use of Virtual Worlds and Serious Gaming in Education -- Serious Games for e-Health Care Services -- GF Engine - A Versatile Platform for Game Design and Development -- Virtual CNC Training -- Updated GameTools: Libraries for Easier Advanced Graphics in Serious Gaming -- Pink Dolphins - A Serious Simulation Game.
- This book presents the state of the art technology in Serious Games which is driven extensive by applications and research in simulation. The topics in this book include: (1) Fashion simulation; (2) Chinese calligraphy ink diffusion simulation; (3) Rehabilitation (4) Long vehicle turning simulation; (5) Marine traffic conflict control; (6) CNC simulation; (7) Special needs education. The book also addresses the fundamental issues in Simulation and Serious Games such as rapid collision detection, game engines or game development platforms. The target audience for this book includes scientists, engineers and practitioners involved in the field of Serious Games and Simulation. The major part of this book comprises of papers presented at the 2012 Asia-Europe Workshop on Serious Games and Simulation held in Nanyang Technological University, Singapore (May 9, 2012). All the contributions have been peer reviewed and by scientific committee members with report about quality, content and originality.
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
View MARC record | catkey: 11539102