Plant biotechnology : the genetic manipulation of plants / Adrian Slater, Nigel W. Scott, Mark R. Fowler
- Plant genomes: the organization and expression of plant genes -- Plant tissue culture -- Techniques for plant transformation -- Vectors for plant transformation -- The genetic manipulation of herbicide tolerance -- The genetic manipulation of pest resistance -- Plant disease resistance -- Reducing the effects of viral disease -- Strategies for engineering stress tolerance -- improvement of crop yield and quality -- Molecular farming -- Science and society: public acceptance of genetically modified crops -- Beyond genetically modified crops.
- This text provides an overview of the production of GM crops, highlighting the key scientific and technical advances that underpin their development. The text begins with a summary of current knowledge about plant genome organization and gene expression.
- 9780199282616 (alk. paper) and 0199282617 (alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Source of Acquisition:
- Purchased with funds from the Don and Marion MacKinnon Library Endowment in Biotechnology; 2013
View MARC record | catkey: 11539258