Metamorphosis of Benjamin Sands : manuscript copy
- Sands, Benjamin
- Additional Titles:
- First line: Adam comes first upon the stage
- England?, 1800s.
- Physical Description:
- 4 unnumbered folded leaves : color illustrations ; each 30 x 10 cm folded to 15 x 10 cm
- Language Note:
- In English; written in cursive.
- Restrictions on Access:
- Material is open for use.
- Manuscript copy of Sands' Metamorphosis in four separate panels.
- Adam (Biblical figure)—Pictorial works
- Adam (Biblical figure)—Poetry
- Eve (Biblical figure)—Pictorial works
- Eve (Biblical figure)—Poetry
- Adam (Biblical figure)
- Eve (Biblical figure)
- Children's poetry
- Picture books for children
- Readers (Primary)
- Toy and movable books—Specimens
- Lion—Juvenile poetry
- Birds—Juvenile poetry
- Wealth—Juvenile poetry
Title devised by cataloger.
Text by Benjamin Sands, adapted from The beginning, progress, and end of man, London, 1650.
Place of production uncertain.
Originally published at Philadelphia around 1787.
Each leaf is folded inward at the top and bottom to create two illustrations: one when the flaps are closed, another when the flaps are open. Illustrations: Adam and Eve, lion and griffin, man and heart, man and skeleton.
Illustrated in color ink wash.
- Source of Acquisition:
- Rare Books copy: Purchased from Palinurus Antiquarian Bookshops; 2013.
View MARC record | catkey: 11540217