Measuring attitudes cross-nationally [electronic resource] : lessons from the European Social Survey / editors, Roger Jowell ... [et al.].
- Los Angeles ; London : SAGE, 2007.
- Physical Description:
- xii, 272 p. : ill. ; 25 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Jowell, Roger
Centre for Comparative Social Surveys (Great Britain)
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- The European Social Survey as a measurement model / Roger Jowell ... [et al.] -- How representative can a multi-nation survey be? / Sabine Hader, Peter Lynn -- Can questions travel successfully? / Willem E. Saris, Irmtraud Galhofer -- Improving the comparability of translations / Janet A. Harkness -- If it bleeds, it leads : the impact of media-reported events / Ineke Stoop -- Understanding and improving response rates / Jaak Billiet, Achim Koch, Michel Philippens -- Free and immediate access to data / Kirstine Kolsrud, Knut Kalgraff Skjak, Bjorn Henrichsen -- What is being learned from the ESS? / Peter Mohler -- Value orientations : measurement, antecedents and consequences across nations / Shalom H. Schwartz -- Patterns of political and social participation in Europe / Kenneth Newton, Jose Ramon Montero -- A continental divide? : social capital in the US and Europe / Pippa Norris, James Davis.
- 9781412919814 (cased)
- "Centre for Comparative Social Surveys at City University, London" -- T.p.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 11541961