Lou Harrison, Harry Partch, John Cage [electronic resource].
- Corporate Author:
- Southwest Chamber Music (Musical group)
- Hong Kong : Naxos Digital Services/Cambria, 
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (1 sound file)
- Additional Creators:
- Bryn-Julson, Phyllis, Ingham, Michael, Foschia, Jim, Lashinsky, Leslie, 1952-, Von der Schmidt, Jeff, Fox, Stuart (Guitarist), Ambroson, Don, Sims, Amy, Karlin, Jan, Peters, Tom (Double bassist), Blankenburg, Gayle, Mosko, Stephen L., Schneider, John, Cage, John, Cage, John. Selections, Harrison, Lou, 1917-2003, Partch, Harry, 1901-1974, and CalArts Gamelan Ensemble
- Atlas elipticalis : (with Winter music and Songbooks) / John Cage (48:58) -- Suite for violin and American gamelan / Lou Harrison (28:20) -- Barstow : 8 hitchhiker inscriptions from a highway railing at Barstow, California / Harry Partch (9:53) -- Lecture on the weather / John Cage (33:42).
- Streaming audio.
The 1st work for flute, clarinet, alto saxophone, bassoon/contra-bassoon, 2 horns, trombone, 2 violins, viola, double bass, guitar, percussion (2), and conductor (Winter music for piano, Songbooks for soprano & baritone) ; the 2nd, for violin and American gamelan ; the 3rd, for baritone and adapted guitar ; the 4th, for 12 male speakers/vocalists and conductor.
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Participant/Performer Note:
- Members of Southwest Chamber Music: Phyllis Bryn-Julson, soprano (1st work) ; Michael Ingham, baritone (1st work) ; Jim Foschia, clarinet (1st work) ; Leslie Lashinsky, bassoon and contrabassoon (1st work) ; Jeff von der Schmidt, horn (1st work) ; Stuart Fox, guitar (1st work) ; Don Ambroson, violin (1st work) ; Amy Sims, violin (2nd work) ; Jan Karlin, viola (1st work) ; Tom Peters, double bass (1st work) ; Gayle Blankenburg, piano (1st work) ; Stephen L. Mosko, conductor (1st work) ; mentorship students from John Muir High School, Pasadena ; Jim Foschia, director (1st work) ; CalArts Gamelan Ensemble (2nd work) ; John Schneider, baritone and adapted guitar (3rd work).
- Data/Place of Event:
- Recorded Apr. 13, 1999 (1st work), Feb 23, 1999 (2nd-3rd works) and Mar. 16, 1999 (4th work) at the Herbert Zipper Concert Hall, Colburn School of the Performing Arts, Los Angeles.
View MARC record | catkey: 11544694